Why Choose an Oculoplastic Surgeon

Why choose an oculoplastic surgeon for your eyelid surgery?

Oculoplastic surgeons receive full ophthalmology training first, then go on to receive two years of additional training in eyelid, eye socket, and lacrimal surgery.

Two year fellowships accredited by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery are among the most coveted and competitive in the country, as only about 25 positions are available yearly.

Because they are trained to care for both eyelids and eyeballs, oculoplastic surgeons are uniquely capable of managing any complications of eyelid surgery. Indeed, when eyelid surgeries go wrong, patients will eventually be sent to an oculoplastic surgeon.

While several types of surgeons can perform cosmetic eyelid surgery, including general plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, general ophthalmologists, and even dermatologists, no one has the same expertise with eyelids as oculoplastic surgeons.

By choosing an oculoplastic surgeon for your eyelid surgery, you are choosing a true eyelid expert.

iLasik Miami

Bladefree LASIK in Miami at Center for Excellence in Eye Care. See a whole new world with iLASIK


Cataract Surgery

Experience clear vision with Premium Lenses at Center for Excellence in Eye Care. Offering patients Crystalens and ReSTOR IOLs.

Cataract Surgery

Financing Options

Vision correction made affordable with CareCredit. Offering financing plans for LASIK Surgery and Premium Lens Implants

Financing Options

Optical Shop

Designer frames and eyewear from Center of Excellence in Eye Care. A wide variety of eyeglasses and sunglasses to meet your needs.

Optical Shop

Center for Excellence in Eye Care Locations:

© Copyright 2010 Center For Excellence In Eye Care. All Rights Reserved. Medical website by Glacial Multimedia
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider.